Avocado is such a trendy product nowadays and that is really good because all its parts, except the root, have a therapeutic effect.
The Seminar in Cancer Biology concluded in 2007, that the vegetable totem of the avocado (all of the constituent phytochemicals) inhibits growth and stimulates the death of tumor cells.
Several studies conducted during the ’90s confirmed the efficacy of avocado in lowering cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose.
According to a 2002 study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science, externally applied, avocado decreases inflammation caused by UVB rays.
As mentioned before, all avocado parts have something to offer you. The leaf and bark contain volatile oil, flavonoids and tannins with astringent and anti-diarrheal action. The fruit contains phytosterols with cholesterol reducing action, essential fatty acids, proteins (25%), saponins, with regenerative action on cartilage and vitamins A, B1 and B2.
If you’ve been consuming avocado, you’ve been making your body so happy without knowing it. Are you wondering why? Read further and you will understand.
Main Properties of Avocado:
- The fruit is indicated for the treatment of cholesterol.
- It is often used externally as a tranquilizer, healing the skin and stimulating hair growth.
- The leaves and bark may stimulate menstruation, treat diarrhea and flatulence.
- It is used as a traditional treatment for cysts in the kidneys, elevated uric acid and is sometimes used to fight coughs.
- Avocado oil is extracted from its seed which can be applied on the hair to improve its strength and growth.
- The flesh of the fruit is good food for babies to begin eating solid foods.
- Rich in nutrients and healthy fats, it is considered a dietetic food, though very caloric. It is a good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, C, E and K.
And because we care about you, we prepared a home remedy for cholesterol treatment, in case you need it:
- Start by cutting an avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the area where the seed was and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, on an empty stomach, eat the part of the pulp which was in contact with the juice with a spoon, and drink the juice.
- Add more lemon juice in the pulp that is left and repeat daily until no pulp remains.
- Repeat the same procedure on the three times. Measure your cholesterol after eating three pieces of pear avocado.
Cautions: The leaves and bark cannot be used during pregnancy.